Pitt Bike Rental
Bike rentals are available for Students, Faculty, and Staff from the Baierl Fitness Center in the Petersen Events Center and from the William Pitt Union (WPU).
PricesBike rentals are $3 for the first hour
and $2 for every hour after that,
or $10 for the day.
Payment is due at the time of rental
Where to Rent
Rent from the Baierl Student Rec. Center in the Petersen with Panther Funds only.
- Weekday hours: 7AM - 7PM
- Weekend hours: 10AM - 7PM
Rules and Policies
- Users must carry a valid University of Pittsburgh ID card.
- Users must sign a release of liability form, and agree to wear a helmet provided by the fitness staff.
- Required information includes full name, University affiliation, Pitt ID#, and phone number.
- Users must lock up bicycles with provided bicycle lock and key when not in use.
- No overnight rentals; No bicycle reservations
For Questions: Please contact Sam at 412-648-3151 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to Ride
Click here to get to an interactive map of where to ride in Pittsburgh!
Links & Resources
- Bicycle Safe has tips on avoiding accidents with traffic when you ride.
- "How-to" bicycle repair videos.
Need a Locker?
Transient lockers (you must provide your own lock) and shower facilities are available in Trees and Bellefield Hall for Pitt faculty/staff/students wishing to shower after riding into campus. Students may also shower in the Baierl Recreation center. Some transient lockers are now available in the hall behind the racquetball courts in Baierl.