Bike to BreakAt the Baierl Recreaction Center
- Bike the distance from Pittsburgh to Panama City, Florida! A distance of 1066 miles.
- Cycling 1 mile on average burns 50 calories, which means you will burn over 53,000 calories if you complete the trip!
- That kind of caloric expenditure equates to losing about 15 pounds!
Once the semester starts there are only about a month and a half to get into shape for spring break. The Intramurals and Recreation Program wants to give you an exercising outlet to help you get into the best shape possible for spring break. The program will be conducted in the Lower Multipurpose Room located in the lower level of the Baierl Recreation Center, where the cycling bikes are located.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register at the front desk of the Baierl Recreation Center. Registration can occur at any point, but no miles will be counted towards the goal prior to registration. The bikes located in the Multipurpose room in the Lower Level of the Baierl Recreation Center.
- Simply check in prior to exercising with the fitness attendant. After checking in you may use the equipment for as long as you like as long as the multipurpose room is not under reservation.
- After exercising, have the fitness attendant check the distance you travelled in that session. The miles will then be entered into a spreadsheet on the computer at the front desk. This file will be monitored throughout the semester until a winner is crowned.