Healthy U Fitness
All full-time Pitt students have the opportunity to receive a free fitness assessment at the Baierl Student Recreation Center. No sign up is required. Simply show up to the testing location on one of the dates provided on the Healthy U Fitness calendar. Upon completion of the fitness assessment, students can return and meet with a fitness center staff member to devise an exercise program. The fitness center staff are qualified graduate and undergraduate students from the Department of Health and Physical Activity's Exercise Physiology program.
The fitness assessment includes:
- Height and Weight
- Heart Rate and Blood Pressure
- Body Composition (Body/Mass Index, Waist-to-Hip Ratio, Skinfold Measurements)
- Flexibility Testing (Sit and Reach)
- Muscular Strength and Endurance Testing (Push-up and Sit-ups)
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness (Step test or run)
Baierl Student Recreation Center On the second floor (lawn level) of the Petersen Events Center
- Please wear comfortable clothes for exercise (For example t-shirt, shorts and sneakers);
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the assessment;
- Avoid food, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine 3 hours before your assessment;
- Drink plenty of fluids the 24 hours preceding
Pre-assessment Paper work
Please be sure to note that...
- The forms can also be picked up at the Baierl Student Recreation Center front desk.
- We do ask that you have all your paperwork complete prior to coming for your assessment.
- The number of tests performed per testing session is limited to 10 students.
- Testing will be done on a first come first serve basis.
Questions: If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org.