Competition consisting of teams of Pitt students agains other Pitt students, Pitt's intramural sports program offers a great way to meet new people, get some exercise and have fun at the same time! There is a set number of slots available for each sport. Please be aware that team registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Late registrations in after we reach the sport's maximum team capacity (indicated on the table below by the numbers in parenthesis) will be placed on a waiting list. League capacity is determined by the availability of field space. This includes fraternities and sororities when no credit is awarded for the sport. Please be sure to register according to the deadlines listed below.
- Basketball schedules will be available in a day or two! Captains should keep an eye on their e-mail! Only teams on the schedule will be contacted.
- Spring term team registration forms are now available for teams and free agents. Please remember to fill out release forms too.
Entry Deadlines & Schedules (Spring)
NOTE: All games are played in the evening.
|Sport (Max Teams)||Entry Deadline||Play Begins||Schedules||Game Location|
|Volleyball 1 (54)||Fall 13||TBA||Field House|
|Indoor Soccer(84)||Fall 13||TBA||Cost Center|
|Touch Football(88)||Fall 2013||TBA||Intramural Fields|
|Basketball(108)||Fall 13||TBA||Trees Hall Gym|
|Racquetball (singles) (N/A)||Fall 13||TBA||See Supervisor||Baierl Raquetball Courts|
|Volleyball 2 (54)||Fall 2013||N/A||Field House|
|Squash (N/A)||TBA||TBA||See Supervisor||Baierl Raquetball Courts|
|SUMMER Ultimate Frisbee (N/A)||Fri. 5/17/13||Tue. 5/28/13(could change)||Intramural Fields|
All teams who turn in their registration form after a sport is full or past the deadline will be placed on a waiting list. ONLY teams that have been placed on a schedule will be e-mailed or called by the end of the week following the registration deadline.
Sport Registration Forms
Release FormsRelease forms ARE REQUIRED for all teams and free agents starting in the Spring 2013 term.
Team Registration Forms
- Fall Soccer
- Fall Basketball
- Fall Volleyball 1 (4 wk)
- Fall Volleyball 2 (4 wk)
- Touch Football (fall only)
- Don't forget to fill out a team release form too.
- Spring Soccer
- Spring Volleyball
- Spring Basketball
- SUMMER 2013 Ultimate Frisbee(this summer only)
- Summer Soccer CANCELLED
Free Agent Listings
- No list is available at this time.
- Captains & Their Team: Team captains are responsible for knowing who is on their team roster and returning the registration form to the IM office by the registration deadline per each sport.
- Adding Players: If you wish to add a person who you already know to your roster, you are welcome to do so. Just let Bill Wallace know who they are and what team they will be joining.
- Free Agents: There will be free agent sign-up sheets for each sport in the intramurals office. Currently there are none availble.
- Schedule Concerns: If there is a legitimate need to change a game that your team plays, your team captain needs to contact Bill Wallace about time change requests.
- Avoiding Schedule Conflicts: Always remember that when you sign-up for more than one sport that all sports are played in the evenings. Be mindful of what times you mark available to prevent potential conflicts with other sports you may be signed up for.
- Game Locations: If you're not sure where your sport's IM games take place, take a look at Pitt's Campus Map to find out.